All students driving on campus must purchase an annual parking pass and register their vehicle.
Students who purchase their pass during the online registration can pick up their parking pass during Facts & Fees or the first two weeks of school during ILT and are required to provide their driver's license, proof of insurance (make sure it is not expired!) and their vehicle registration.
Students may also purchase passes in person at our student information desk anytime during the school year with cash or credit card.
- Parking is a privilege, not a right.
- The parking permit is property of Summerville High School and must be surrendered upon request. The parking permit cannot be transferred to other students and must be surrendered upon withdrawal and/or graduation from Summerville High School.
- The permit is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Parking tickets can be issued for violations.
- Summerville High School is not responsible for any theft and/or damage to your vehicle.
- Summerville High School is a closed campus. Once a student is on campus he/she may not leave until the end of the day. The parking lot is not a locker and is off limits. Exception: School to work or if the student has been signed out.
- Leaving campus (cutting, skipping) can result in losing your parking pass for the remainder of the year.
- Student shall not park in the faculty, handicap or visitor parking spots. (Vehicle will be towed.)
- Student shall not park in the staff parking/bus loop between 8:00 am and 4:45 pm. (Vehicle will be towed.)
- Parking passes must be hung from the rear view mirror (in plain view.)
- Parking lots are school property. All vehicles are subject to search (South Carolina Code of Laws 59-63-1120.)
- Senior parking lot is used by the SHS band after school. All vehicles are to be moved out of the large yellow box no later than 4:30 pm every day. There are no exceptions. Vehicles that are not moved will be towed at the student/parents expense.